Tuesday 15 March 2011

RORKID the prophet

Just saw the new video of my boy Rory. If anyone ever asks you what's hip hop then point your finger to this kid - Rorkid. Why is HE hip hop? Because it's not about money and fame, it's what you don't have that creates hip hop - the minimum, not the maximum. Now, I'm not saying he's the best, I'm saying he's hip hop. What that means is the ability to tell a story that you can picture in your head like a movie (like this track here: http://rorkid.com/2010/11/28/so-i-ended-up/), and doing it in a poetic way by flowing to the beat. I'm not trying to act like I know anything about rhyming - I don't - but I do know about hip hop, what's real what's fake, what's dope what's wack. He's dope and if you can't recognize then.. you know.. go see if T-Pain is doing something new..

The track is called '100 and something bars freestyle' and it's his second video, check it:

No comments:

Post a Comment